A supportive, rigorous program for career development at Little Sprouts: the Leadership Academy
In the Leadership Academy, we help our educators work toward the next step of their Little Sprouts career!
The Leadership Academy is an opportunity for deep growth and reflection on the direction you would like to take your career development. The Academy will provide you with opportunities to work on projects with your peers that will also support the growth and development of your school and the company.
The Academy is for educators that have shown strong leadership in their classroom environments and within their school community. These educators may be looking for ways to be more effective in their current roles or looking for more development for promotions to different roles within the organization.
What will I learn?
You will learn new skills to develop your own personal leadership skills through a variety of content from Jack Daly, Stephen Covey, High/Scope, and many others that will introduce you to new information and new ways of thought, communication, and action.
What is expected?
Your attendance, both physically and mentally, are necessary and required. This opportunity will be what you make of it. Your assignments will need to be completed on time and shared with the group in an exciting and complete way. Your participation during the meetings will provide new learning for yourself as well as others in the class…so please share your ideas, thoughts, and passion with the group.
- At least 6 months of employment with Little Sprouts
- Teacher of own classroom
- Performance in good standing for at least the past 6 months
To be a team leader:
4/6 of the Supervisor Competencies
18/20 in the Leadership Track
To work toward an administrative position:
All of the above plus
4/5 of the Administrative Track
1/5 of the Curriculum Track
To work toward a curriculum position:
All of the above plus
4/5 of the Curriculum Track
1/5 of the Administrative Track
To work toward an Executive Director position:
All of the above
Both AD Tracks: Curriculum and Administrative
Completing the track:
Leaving the track:
- We anticipate that once you begin your leadership training, you will complete the track within 6 months
- You will need to pace yourself through the 6 months to allow ample time to complete each requirement effectively and successfully
- You may extend completion by an additional 6 months if needed, but you must be completed within 12 months or the track will need to be restarted
- Once you join the track, you may count previous work; however, it must have been within the past 12 months and your supervisor must agree that the work meets the criteria of the Leadership Academy
You will be taken off the track if you:
- Go 2 months in a row without completing any new check
- Take longer than a year to complete the track
- Ever fall below 4/6 of the supervisor competencies items
- Choose to halt your work in the Academy—you can always rejoin later!